Effective Date: February 2, 2016
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Collect About You
- How We Use Your Information
- Information We Share
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Data Security
- Links To Other Websites
- Governing Law
- Notice To Non-US Users
- Contact Information
Information We Collect About You
Information You Provide. We may obtain personal information about you when you visit this website, including your contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number) and any other personal information that you voluntarily provide.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Means. When you visit this website, or interact with our emails or our online advertisements, we collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As set forth in more details below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small text file placed on the hard drive of your computer or other Internet-connected device that uniquely identifies your browser to store information or settings in your browser. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to use all of the features of this website.
- Web Server Logs. In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the website and our emails to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this website, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and similar technologies to help us analyze how visitors use this website, our emails and our online advertisements. The information collected through these means is disclosed to these service providers.
California Do Not Track Notice
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We do not respond to these “Do Not Track” signals. At this time, we do not track your personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. We also do not authorize third parties to collect any personal information from you on this website for these purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information you provide to us and that we collect through automated means to:
- Respond to your inquiries
- Recommend the services of publishing imprints we believe may be of interest to you, including our affiliated imprints within Author Solutions LLC (“Author Solutions”), such as AuthorHouse, iUniverse, Xlibris and Trafford, and imprints of third party publishers we work with, such as Westbow Press and Balboa Press
- Operate, optimize and improve our products, services and operations (including developing new services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- We also may use the information in other ways we describe when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your consent
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, or sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described below. We may share your personal information with:
- Our affiliated publishing imprints within Author Solutions and the third party publisher imprints we work with, as described above, which may contact you directly to offer their products or services that may be of interest to you
- Our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and to fulfill services requested by you, including, without limitation, credit card processing companies, marketing services providers and consultants, public relations firms and printers
- To other third parties with your express consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process
- To respond to law enforcement authorities or other government officials
- To enforce our agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Children Under the Age of 13
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on this website.
We take reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to this website at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You should never submit to us payment or tax information via email. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Links To Other Websites
This website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest your review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for those websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
Notice To Non-US Users
ATTENTION: GENERAL COUNSEL
AUTHOR SOLUTIONS LLC
1663 LIBERTY DRIVE
BLOOMINGTON, IN 47403 (USA)
or through the Contact Us page.